Sleigh Bells' Hell
Push yourself to build mental toughness.
The holiday season is a great time to set yourself apart from the crowd.
To train with a purpose while everyone else is still settled down for a long winter’s nap.
Do it because it makes you better and stronger.
Do it because you have a goal that means more to you than staying in your warm, cozy bed for another hour. So what if it’s Christmas Day? If you’ve got a goal and your training plan says that it’s go time today, get it done.
My friend Josh, co-owner of 24 Seven Gym, and I challenged ourselves properly on Christmas day.
Certainly, the weights we selected were putting us into deep water territory. Bite off more than you can chew and dig deep to finish it.
The satisfaction to come after will be on a whole new level.
This is our Sleigh Bells' Hell workout:
Bench Press - 50 reps
Squat - 50 reps
Deadlift - 50 reps
- Work up to a reasonable weight for working sets first to assess how you feel for the day and what weight you will challenge yourself with.
- The weight you select should be somewhere around what will challenge you to complete sets of 10 reps at near, but not complete, failure.
- Make any substitutions you need to compensate for injuries or equipment limitations.
- We used flat bench, trap bar deads - low handle, and safety squat bar for squats.
- Complete all 150 reps as fast as possible. Before reaching rep failure, rotate to the next exercise in the order you’ve chosen to keep moving.
I finished it in about 15 minutes and spent the next hour wandering the gym aimlessly while recovering.
Leave a comment below if you try this out and let us know what your time was.